Full time Position
NH Architecture is a leading Australian design studio founded on the principles of collaboration & open debate, where architects and designers are united by a commitment to creating outstanding contemporary architecture. Our collective expertise in architecture, urban design, master planning, interior design and graphic design enables us to deliver complex and high-profile projects through from conception to delivery.
We are looking for an experienced Graduate of Architecture who is willing to ‘get their hands dirty’ and wants to learn from exposure to large scale, complex projects. You will have the desire and enthusiasm to work on and across all stages of projects and be nimble in jumping from one project to another.
To give you a taste for the role, you will be involved in:
- Assisting in the planning and design of large-scale public, sports, retail and commercial buildings
- Attending client meetings
- Conducting site visits
- Preparing architectural drawings and recommendations to clients
- Documentation of projects
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders to ensure all aspects of a projects are coordinated
What you can bring to the table:
- Some post graduate or student experience, preferably in large scale retail, commercial or mixed-use projects.
- Rhino, AutoCAD, Sketch-up & InDesign to an advanced level essential. Revit at an intermediate or higher level.
- Design skills including the ability to develop concepts through to design development
- Experience with and understanding of the BCA and Australian standards particularly in relation to large retail projects
- Working knowledge of building materials, their function and physical properties, and construction methods. Strong preference for knowledge of façade systems incorporating sustainable technology.
- Strong communication and presentation skills
Salary commensurate with experience – $55,000 – $65,000