Who are we?
NH Architecture is a leading Australian design studio founded on the principles of collaboration and open debate, where architects and designers are united by a commitment to creating outstanding contemporary architecture. Our collective expertise in architecture, urban design, master planning, interior design and graphic design enables us to deliver complex and high-profile projects through from conception to delivery.
WE are looking for a highly motivated and professional experienced receptionist to provide full front-of-house support for our Flinders Lane Studio. You will be responsible for providing outstanding, effective customer service and administrative support to internal and external stakeholders, including clients, and the wider NH studio. This is a permanent full-time role based in our Flinders Lane Studio. Core hours are 8.30am – 5.30pm with an hour taken for lunch.
To give you a taste for the role, you will be responsible for:
- Ensuring that every phone call is handled in a courteous and professional manner and taking responsibility for directing inquiries accordingly
- Meeting and greeting all visitors in a warm and friendly manner and ensuring they are appropriately attended to
- Coordinating bookings of meeting rooms including setting up, clearing and tidy up in a timely manner
- Setting up meeting software for each meeting before the meeting start e.g. Microsoft Teams
- Troubleshooting meeting room software
- Ensuring each guest signs in and out of reception each visit
- Initiating improvements to the running of reception and implementing these accordingly
- Liaising with internal staff regarding upcoming events and providing front of house support where required (greeting clients, ordering catering, etc)
- Managing the generic contact request inbox and forwarding queries appropriately and in a timely manner
- Monitoring studio cleanliness and organisation and contributing to the maintenance of cleanliness throughout the day
- Maintaining a neat and tidy reception area including all meeting rooms
- Liaising with our building Facilities Manager to coordinate maintenance requirements
- Organising coffee and catering for meetings
- Organising and completing mail runs
- Ensuring the efficient processing of incoming and outgoing mails (including packages) and arranging couriers when required
- Preparing office purchase orders
- Monitoring and ordering office and canteen supplies
- Filing and archiving drawings and documentation when requested
What you can bring to the table:
- Completion of Year 12 VCE or equivalent minimum.
- Tertiary qualification is desirable but not required.
- 2+ years relevant administrative experience in a fast paced, large organisation. Design firm experience advantageous
- Advanced proficiency operating a switchboard and using conferencing/meeting technologies, particularly Microsoft Teams
- Advanced proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite of programs including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Experience using Adobe InDesign advantageous but not essential
- Perform effectively under continuing pressure and with frequent interruptions
- Professional, articulate and upholds NH’s standards.
- Results-oriented with a commitment to delivering excellent service and to achieving agreed goals.
- Organised and able to prioritise.
- Able to work collaboratively, take direction and follow through.
- Takes a broad interest in the success of NH.
- Flexible, adaptable and resilient.
Why work for NH Architecture:
NH has an engaging and supportive workplace culture, where motivated professionals are given the tools they need to succeed. Additional benefits include:
- A busy studio social calendar including weekly morning teas, Thursday afternoon beers and cheese
- Access to a free and confidential mental health wellness platform
- Collaborative and friendly working environment
- Open plan stylish Flinders Lane studio
Salary will be commensurate with experience. The successful candidate will need to be prepared to work in our Flinders Lane studio full time. Full working rights in Australia are mandatory.
If the above sounds like you, apply now with your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Direct applications only, no agencies please. Unsolicited CVs sent by agencies will be disregarded and not subject to any agency TOBs