Practice Manager (Parental Leave Cover FTC)
Who are we?
NH Architecture is a leading Australian design studio founded on the principles of collaboration & open debate, where architects and designers are united by a commitment to create outstanding contemporary architecture. Our collective expertise in architecture, urban design, master planning, interior design and graphic design enables us to deliver complex and high-profile projects through from conception to delivery. High profile projects that are shaping the iconic Melbourne landscape include the Arts Centre Melbourne, Margaret Court Arena and the wider Melbourne Park precinct, the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition centre and the Queen Victoria Markets.
We are looking for an experienced Practice Manager to join our studio for a 12-month (minimum) parental leave cover contract to manage the day-to-day HR and resourcing operations with the studio, whilst providing strategic and operational support to the Directors and General Manager. This person is highly organised, experienced in a similar role and is a proven hands-on “completer-finisher”, as well as being a workplace culture champion. This is an exciting opportunity to join an evolving team of leaders to help shape the firm’s development and promote a world-class and contemporary employee experience.
To give you a taste for the role, you will be responsible for:
- Delivering all HR operations across the entire employee lifecycle
- Managing studio-wide project resourcing alongside the Directors, Project Leaders and the Finance Director to ensure projects are effectively staffed and delivered, whilst remaining profitable
- Monitoring the legislative and regulatory activity as it relates to NH and its employees and advising Directors of any anticipated changes that may affect the firm’s staff, management of staff, operations, systems and process
- Managing the end-to-end recruitment process of new employees as required, including (but not limited to) sourcing, onboarding and inductions
- Having a good grasp and contemporary understanding of the Melbourne architecture industry generally as it relates to staff benefits, salaries, recruitment and emerging HR trends
- Managing NHs Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Supporting the Directors, General Manager and Principals to manage the ER within the staff pool
- Supporting the General Manager and Integrated Management System (IMS) Director to implement and improve company processes, procedures and standards
- Overseeing the compliance with all OH&S obligations within the studio, including managing the NH Covid Safe Plan
- Managing the annual performance review and remuneration review process
- Acting as IMS Supervisor as part of our ISO9001;14001;45001 accreditations
What you can bring to the table:
- Qualification in Human Resources/ Human Resources Management
- 2 + years in similar role in medium sized business (50+ employees)
- Experience working in, or in-depth understanding of the business of architecture
- Experience managing staff resourcing in architecture firm highly advantageous
- Experience managing and facilitating HR processes
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite (Outlook, OneDrive Teams, Word, Excel)
- Experience using SharePoint
- Adobe InDesign experience advantageous
- Experience using Deltek PIM and PowerBI advantageous
- Approachable and level-headed approach to all facets of the role
Why work for NH Architecture
Based on Flinders Lane close to Parliament Station, we pride ourselves on our excellent studio culture, with weekly morning teas and a diverse range of social events. We offer flexible working arrangements including WFH Fridays and offer all staff access to our free and confidential EAP service.
As a highly collaborative and diverse studio, we are always learning and evolving. The successful candidates will be able to both learn and contribute to NH’s in-house expertise that undoubtedly will allow us to remain amongst the top-tier architectural practices in Australia.
If the above sounds like what you are looking for, please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note the studio is closed 20th December 2021 – 9th January 2022.
Competitive salary will be commensurate with experience.
Full working rights in Australia are mandatory.
Must be fully vaccinated and willing to comply with upcoming booster program
We will only be accepting CVs from candidates directly, no agencies please.