- Creative, design studio culture
- Flexible working arrangements
- Melbourne city studio location
Who are we?
NH Architecture are a Melbourne based group of architects and designers working in a collaborative, open forum. We pride ourselves on our supportive and positive studio culture that prioritises true collaboration and creative involvement from the whole team.
We are looking for several Architects to work as part of our project teams across various levels and typologies. The successful candidate will work to realise projects, linking our design agenda with the efficient execution of each component of a scheme. You will be part of a larger team and provided with coaching and support to enable your success.
You might be recently registered or looking for an opportunity to be in a role directly supporting a package lead. Or you have a proven track record within projects and would like to move your career toward business development. If so, you are encouraged to apply.
To give you a taste for the role, you will be responsible for:
- Attending meetings with clients to understand the methodology and set the scope of the project
- Assisting in the preparation of the program and other documentation
- Understanding the project brief and contract
- Preparing preliminary architectural drawings
- Planning and design of buildings, including brainstorming ideas, design drawings and assisting in reviewing project proposals
- Presenting ideas and recommendations to clients alone or alongside a Project Leader or Principal
- Coordinating consultants and contractors including attending meetings, reviewing & updating drawings
- Inspecting project sites to make sketches, take measurements and photographs, and document actual site conditions to aid in developing the final architectural design solution
- Utilising documentation programs to update and monitor progress of projects from early project phases through to construction documentation including but not limited to advices, drawings, schedules, design diaries and defect reports
- Coordinating applicable services to the project
- Working with team members, consultants and contractors to meet deadlines
- Working with the rest of the business to establish and maintain key contacts
What you can bring to the table:
- Qualification in Architecture (Bachelor or Masters)
- Registration with the Architects Registration Board of Victoria, or equivalent overseas registration
- Minimum six years’ work experience in an architectural studio
- Experience working on large scale, residential and mixed-use projects
- Strong proficiency in Revit
- Strong proficiency in Rhino
- Experience in using Grasshopper (preferred)
- Ability to render in VRay, Enscape or similar
- Proficient in AutoCAD
- Proficient in the Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience using the Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to undertake all detailed aspects of briefing, design and delivery of large-scale projects
- Deep knowledge of the principles, practices, and procedures of architecture
- Understanding of the structural, electrical, and mechanical engineering of buildings
- Ability to establish, lead and maintain cooperative relationships with clients, consultants and other external stakeholders
- Strong and clear communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Why work for NH Architecture:
Based on Flinders Lane close to Parliament Station, we pride ourselves on our excellent studio culture, with weekly morning teas and a diverse range of social events. We offer flexible working arrangements including set WFH days, ongoing professional development, excellent parental leave, life and disability insurance cover, and access to our free and confidential EAP service.
If the above sounds like what you are looking for, please complete our application form.
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Full working rights in Australia are mandatory.
We will only be accepting CVs from candidates directly, no agencies please.