Who are we?
NH Architecture is a leading Australian design studio founded on the principles of collaboration & open debate, where architects and designers are united by a commitment to create outstanding contemporary architecture. Our collective expertise in architecture, urban design, master planning, interior design and graphic design enables us to deliver complex and high-profile projects through from conception to delivery. High profile projects that are shaping the iconic Melbourne landscape include the Arts Centre Melbourne, Margaret Court Arena and the wider Melbourne Park precinct, the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition centre and the Queen Victoria Markets. We believe all architecture is public architecture, and that is intrinsic to how we design and deliver our projects for a diverse range of high-profile clients.
We are looking for Architects to work as part of our architectural team to produce work that strongly links our agreed design agenda and the efficient execution of each component of a project. The role has an emphasis on tendering, briefing, scoping, design, documenting, coordination and delivery of large scale, complex projects.
To give you a taste for the role, you will be responsible for:
• Attending meetings with clients to understand the company methodology and set the scope of the project
• Working with the rest of the submissions team to establish key contacts
• Assisting in preparing the program and other documentation
• Understanding the project brief and contract
• Preparing preliminary architectural drawings following the client’s statement of requirements
• Planning and design of buildings including brainstorming ideas, design drawings and assisting in reviewing project proposals
• Presenting ideas and recommendations to clients alone or alongside a Project Leader or Principal
• Coordinating consultants and contractors including attending meetings, reviewing & updating drawings
• Inspecting project sites to make sketches, take measurements and photographs, and document actual site conditions to aid in developing the final architectural design solution and prepare written reports of findings
• Utilising documentation programs to update and monitor progress of projects from DD phase through to construction documentation including but not limited to, advices, drawings, schedules, design diaries and defect reports
• Coordinating applicable services to the project
• Working with team members, consultants and contractors to meet deadlines
• Working with the project team to ensure all aspects of the project are coordinated
What you can bring to the table:
• Degree or degrees qualified in Architecture and recognised by the Architects Registration Board of Victoria
• Master of Architecture (preferred)
• Registration with the Architects Registration Board of Victoria, or equivalent overseas registration
• Minimum 4 years’ work experience in an architectural studio
• Experience working on large scale, complex projects
• Strong proficiency in Revit
• Strong proficiency in Rhino
• Experience in using Grasshopper (preferred)
• Ability to render in VRay or similar
• Skilled in SketchUp
• Skilled in AutoCAD
• Proficient in the Adobe Suite
• Experience using the Microsoft Office Suite
• Ability to undertake all detailed aspects of briefing, design and delivery of large scale public and commercial projects
• Deep knowledge of the principles, practices, and procedures of architecture
• Knowledge of structural, electrical, and mechanical engineering related to buildings
• Ability to establish, lead and maintain cooperative relationships with clients, consultants and other external stakeholders
• Ability to creatively portray architectural elements as a complete design
• Strong and clear communication skills, both written and verbal
• Excellent interpersonal skills
Why work for NH Architecture
Based on Flinders Lane close to Parliament Station, we pride ourselves on our excellent positive studio culture, with weekly morning teas and a diverse range of social events. We offer flexible working arrangements and offer all staff access to our free and confidential EAP service.
Not being limited to one or two architectural typologies means we are always learning and always sharing our learnings internally through workshops, focus groups and other forums. We have recently delivered the world’s most sustainable shopping centre, Burwood Brickworks, and are incorporating multiple learnings into all of our ongoing and new projects. The successful candidates will be able to both learn and contribute to NH’s in-house expertise that undoubtedly allows us to continue to evolve and win exciting new high-profile projects.
If the above sounds like what you are looking for, please submit your CV and folio to email@example.com.
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Full working rights in Australia are mandatory.
We will only be accepting CV’s from candidates directly, no agencies please.