- Creative, design studio culture
- Flexible working arrangements
- Melbourne city studio location
Who are we?
NH Architecture is a leading Australian design studio founded on the principles of collaboration and open debate, where architects and designers are united by a commitment to create outstanding contemporary architecture. Our collective expertise in architecture, urban design, master planning, interior design and graphic design enables us to deliver complex and high-profile projects through from conception to delivery. High profile projects that are shaping the iconic Melbourne landscape include the Arts Centre Melbourne, Margaret Court Arena and the wider Melbourne Park precinct, the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition centre and the Queen Victoria Markets.
We are looking for an experienced Submissions Manager to join our top tier practice to lead the coordination and delivery of high-profile submissions in order to continue to win and deliver world-class projects throughout Australia. This person will work closely with the internal Senior Team and Graphic designers, as well as external consultants to manage the end-to-end submission process, ensuring the studio’s continued growth and success.
To give you a taste for the role, you will be responsible for:
- Fully manage the production of tender submissions: EOIs, RFPs, Capability Statements
- Coordinate the bid process for beginning to end: liaising with internal teams and external contributors
- Host a weekly submission meeting with the submissions team to talk about upcoming submissions, outcomes, pre-emptive and current content requirements and workflows
- Have a full and detailed understanding of all submission requirements for content, and be able to pull together existing content, or create new content to answer questions appropriately
- Have appropriate editorial and industry experience to write texts and capability statements, staff CVs and project pages well as the graphic experience to assist editing the live document within InDesign alongside our team of Graphic Designers
- Proof and edit submissions
- Maintain and, in some cases, build libraries of up-to-date corporate and capability information including staff CVs, project pages and capability information
- Follow up on submission outcomes and track outcomes and feedback
- Continuously improve submission templates and marketing materials
- Manage all tender portal subscriptions and actively search for new tender opportunities
What you can bring to the table:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar role within the built environment (architectural/ design practice, engineering, contractors etc)
- Advance InDesign skills
- Advance knowledge of Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams, OneDrive)
- Photoshop and Illustrator experience highly regarded
- Strong and clear communication style: both written and verbal
- Excellent interpersonal skills with proven ability to influence and negotiate to ensure deadlines are met
- Professional and articulate
- Level-headed under pressure, with an unwavering “can-do” attitude
- Ability to write copy including proposal and submission content and external communications
- Ability to prioritise tasks and coordinate large teams through highly complicated submission processes
- Exceptional organisation and time management skills
- A hands on, “completer-finisher” attitude to getting things done
- Results-orientated with a commitment to delivering excellent work
- Self-motivated and self-aware, and driven to expand own knowledge and expertise
- Highly productive with strong work ethic
Why work for NH Architecture
Based on Flinders Lane close to Parliament Station, we pride ourselves on our excellent studio culture, with weekly morning teas and a diverse range of social events. We offer flexible working arrangements including WFH Fridays and offer all staff access to our free and confidential EAP service.
As a highly collaborative and diverse studio, we are always learning and evolving. The successful candidates will be able to both learn and contribute to NH’s in-house expertise that undoubtedly will allow us to remain amongst the top-tier architectural practices in Australia.
If the above sounds like what you are looking for, please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note the studio is closed 20th December 2021 – 9th January 2022.
Competitive salary will be commensurate with experience.
Full working rights in Australia are mandatory.
Must be fully vaccinated and willing to comply with upcoming booster program
We will only be accepting CVs from candidates directly, no agencies please.