Who are we?
NH Architecture is a leading Australian design studio founded on the principles of collaboration & open debate, where architects and designers are united by a commitment to create outstanding contemporary architecture. Our collective expertise in architecture, urban design, master planning, interior design and graphic design enables us to deliver complex and high-profile projects through from conception to delivery. High profile projects that are shaping the iconic Melbourne landscape include the Arts Centre Melbourne, Margaret Court Arena and the wider Melbourne Park precinct, the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition centre and the Queen Victoria Markets. We believe all architecture is public architecture, and that is intrinsic to how we design and deliver our projects for a diverse range of high-profile clients.
We are looking for Project Architects to work as part of our delivery team to lead and produce detailed and accurate documentation that ensures the successful delivery of complex and large-scale public buildings. The successful candidate has a proven track record of working on complex public buildings with multiple and diverse stakeholders, including government authorities.
To give you a taste for the role, you will be responsible for:
• Leading in the production of reports and documentation packages to tight deadlines
• Reviewing and commenting on drawings produced by other team members
• Working with the wider project team to ensure all aspects of the project are coordinated
• Attending and presenting documentation at large team meetings
• Ability to prioritise work streams, and clearly communicating priorities to team members
• Ensuring the documentation aligns with reports produced in the concept, scoping and design phases
• Coordinating the synthesis of information from consultants and contractors into the documentation
• Actively contributing to internal team and extra discussions regarding project delivery
What you can bring to the table:
• Degree or degrees qualified in Architecture
• Master of Architecture (preferred)
• Registration with the Architects Registration Board of Victoria, or equivalent overseas registration
• Minimum 5 years’ work experience in an architectural studio on delivery projects
• Experience working on large scale, complex projects, healthcare advantageous
• Strong proficiency in Revit (5+ years)
• Technical knowledge of project delivery requirements
• Producing technical drawings and documentation at a senior level
• Ability to undertake all detailed aspects of the delivery of large-scale public and commercial projects
• Deep knowledge of structural, electrical, and mechanical engineering related to buildings
• Proficiency in Rhino (Advantageous)
• Experience using the Microsoft Office Suite
• Ability to establish, lead and maintain cooperative relationships with team members, internally and externally
• Strong and clear communication skills, both written and verbal
Why work for NH Architecture
Based on Flinders Lane close to Parliament Station, we pride ourselves on our excellent positive studio culture, with weekly morning teas and a diverse range of social events. We offer flexible working arrangements and offer all staff access to our free and confidential EAP service.
Not being limited to one or two architectural typologies means we are always learning and always sharing our learnings internally through workshops, focus groups and other forums. We have recently delivered the world’s most sustainable shopping centre, Burwood Brickworks, and are incorporating multiple learnings into all of our ongoing and new projects. The successful candidates will be able to both learn and contribute to NH’s in-house expertise that undoubtedly allows us to continue to evolve and win exciting new high-profile projects.
If the above sounds like what you are looking for, please submit your CV and folio to email@example.com.
Competitive salary will be commensurate with experience.
Full working rights in Australia are mandatory.
We will only be accepting CVs from candidates directly, no agencies please.