Melbourne CBD, Full-time Permanent
Who are we?
NH Architecture is a leading Australian design studio founded on the principles of collaboration & open debate, where architects and designers are united by a commitment to creating outstanding contemporary architecture. Our collective expertise in architecture, urban design, master planning, interior design and graphic design enables us to deliver complex and high-profile projects through from conception to delivery.
We are looking for an Interior Architect/Designer to join the NH team. The successful candidate will work within project teams in the planning, design and documentation of building interiors. This person’s mix of documentation, detailing and design skills will ensure that we continue to build upon our interior design capability internally as well as the NH brand within the Architecture industry.
This is an exciting role where the successful applicant will have the opportunity to work on a variety of project types ranging from smaller, bespoke projects to large scale public infrastructure.
Amongst others, the kind of projects that our Studio works on include healthcare, public housing, arts, sporting, retail, transport and mixed-use. As a studio we pride ourselves on creating long-term design outcomes that acknowledge the broader implications of a project; including sustainability, reconciliation, universal design and future purposing.
To give you a taste for the role, you will be responsible for:
- Collating interior design presentations in Adobe InDesign
- Presenting interior design concepts to internal team members and external stakeholders
- Investigating and organising material requirements for projects and creating material boards
- Producing furniture selections and layouts
- Creating and maintaining schedules for furniture, fixtures, and materials
- Producing architectural and technical documentation in Revit
- Working to meet fast paced project programmes
- Attendance and contribution at project meetings as required
- Creating and maintaining strong relationships, internally and externally
- Liaising with suppliers for pricing information and quotes
What you can bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Interior Design (or Architecture)
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in an Interior design focused role
- Experience working on multiple building typologies
- Experience working with contractors and having site involvement on fit-out projects
- Knowledge of building products and construction processes
- Proven track record of establishing and maintaining cooperative relationships with
clients, consultants, and other external stakeholders
- Understanding of local codes, laws, rules and standards regulating the design and
construction of buildings and interiors
- Moderate understanding of cost composition
- Ability to prioritise tasks and be flexible based on project needs
- Can contribute to NHs architectural conversation and implementation of NHs design philosophy
Based near Parliament station on Flinders lane, the successful candidate will be part of a collaborative and diverse studio culture with weekly social events such as morning tea and Friday night drinks.
If the above sounds like you, please complete our application form.
Competitive salary will be commensurate with experience.
Full working rights in Australia are mandatory.