Interior Design Student
Melbourne CBD, Part-time Permanent
Who are we?
We’re a Melbourne based group of architects and designers working in a collaborative, open forum. Our approach centres on user experience, leveraging evidence-based design strategies to create places that are responsive, inspiring and enduring.
We are looking for an interior design student to work with us to ensure our materials and samples library is meeting the high standards of the practice. The successful candidate will liaise with project teams and with external suppliers to ensure the right samples are available and up to date. There will also be opportunities to support project teams in researching the most appropriate products and material solutions to meet specific project requirements.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to get a start in the industry and build their knowledge of material selection, specification and design practice.
To give you a taste for the role, you would:
- Attend meetings with product and material sales representatives
- Assist with classifying incoming materials and maintaining our database
- Work with the project teams to gather material samples for client presentations
- Work with the project teams to understand project requirements and ensure materials library reflects these requirements
- Assist the project teams to create accurate material and product specifications and understand the availability of products
- Build knowledge and resources on green certification of materials
- Understand trends and technical innovations and how they might influence product selection
What you can bring to the table:
- Working towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Interior Design
- Professional and articulate with excellent communication skills
- Proven ability to work in a collaborative team environment
- A high level of interest in materiality
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
What we offer:
At NH we pride ourselves on our supportive and positive studio culture that prioritises true collaboration and creative involvement from the whole team.
We provide opportunities for ongoing mentoring and professional development, including our in-house ‘Text Talks’ where we discuss issues influencing contemporary design ideas and culture. Our studio has a vibrant social calendar, with weekly morning teas and regular excursions.
Our Flinders Lane studio is equipped with bicycle storage and end of trip facilities.
We offer flexible working arrangements, generous parental leave entitlements and access to our free and confidential EAP service.
Please note: if attaching your portfolio as a pdf, the maximum file size we can accept is 20 megabytes.
Full working rights in Australia are mandatory.
We will only be accepting CV’s from candidates directly, no agencies please.
You must be fully vaccinated and willing to comply with any upcoming booster program.