- Creative, design studio culture
- Flexible working arrangements
- Melbourne city studio location
Who are we?
NH Architecture are a Melbourne based group of architects and designers working in a collaborative, open forum. We pride ourselves on our supportive and positive studio culture that prioritises true collaboration and creative involvement from the whole team.
Having secured several significant projects, we are looking for Documenters who will work within our project teams, linking our design agenda with the efficient execution of each component. You will be part of a larger team and provided with coaching and support to enable your success.
The roles will have an emphasis on the briefing, scoping, design, documentation, coordination and delivery of large scale and complex projects within the residential, civic, and Mixed-use sectors.
To give you a taste for the role, you will be responsible for:
- Attending meetings with clients to understand the methodology and scope of the project
- Understanding the project brief and contract
- Preparing preliminary architectural drawings
- Assisting in the preparation of documentation packages and construction detailed drawings
- Planning and design of buildings, including brainstorming ideas, and design drawings
- Presenting ideas and recommendations to clients alongside a Project Leader or Principal
- Coordinating consultants and contractors including attending meetings, reviewing & updating drawings
- Inspecting project sites to make sketches, take measurements and photographs, and document actual site conditions to aid in developing the final architectural design solution
- Utilising documentation programs to update and monitor progress of projects from early project phases through to construction documentation including but not limited, drawings, schedules, design diaries and defect reports
- Coordinating applicable services to the project
- Working with team members, consultants and contractors to meet deadlines
- Working with the rest of the business to establish and maintain key contacts
What you can bring to the table:
- Bachelor of Science: Architectural Technology
- Minimum two years experience in public, Commercial, Education, health or multi-residential projects; interior design experience helpful
- Strong proficiency in Revit
- Some proficiency in Rhino
- Skilled in AutoCAD
- Proficient in the Adobe Suite
- Experience using the Microsoft Office Suite
- Deep knowledge of the principles, practices, and procedures of architecture
- Deep knowledge of building materials, their function and physical properties, and
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative relationships with clients, consultants and other external stakeholders
- Strong and clear communication skills, both written and verbal
- Exceptional organisation and time management skills
Why work for NH Architecture:
Based on Flinders Lane close to Parliament Station, we pride ourselves on our excellent studio culture, with weekly morning teas and a diverse range of social events. We offer flexible working arrangements including set WFH days, ongoing professional development, excellent parental leave, life and disability insurance cover, and access to our free and confidential EAP service.
If the above sounds like what you are looking for, please complete our Application Form.
Salary range from $70k – $80k
Full working rights in Australia are mandatory.
We will only be accepting CVs from candidates directly, no agencies please.